We are registered auditors, and work with a wide range of businesses from owner-managed companies, to subsidiaries of large foreign companies.
We aim to not only produce an audited set of accounts that comply with the relevant regulation, but to also offer advice on how systems and controls can be improved to increase efficiency and minimise financial risks.
All businesses are required to prepare accounts in one format or another, and we can help with this. Whether it is preparing annual statutory accounts for a company that comply with the Companies Act, sole trader or partnership accounts, or an income and expenditure statement where these are not required.
As well as preparing these accounts which give a picture of what happened many months ago, we are also able to help your business see what is happening now, and to look forward to the future to see where the business is going. We can do this by preparing:
- Monthly or quarterly management accounts
- Budgets and cash flow forecasts
From within the practice we provide a service to supplement day to day financial management. Covering items including cash management, budgeting and financial control.
Our bookkeeping department can take over the day-to-day recording of your financial transactions. This frees up time for you to concentrate on running your business, instead of spending often significant amounts of time on routine administrative matters.
Our company secretarial department can help companies of all sizes comply with their statutory obligations.
- Incorporate a company for you
- Provide a registered office
- Prepare and file annual returns, accounts, and other required documents
When people start their own business, they often have a great deal of knowledge about the business they are running, but often do not fully realise the extent of their responsibilities with regards to such things as staff, taxes, and maintaining records that need to be kept. They are often so busy running the business they do not have enough time for these time-consuming jobs.
The problem is that if these things are not done correctly, penalties may be charged, and investigations into the business may be instigated.
We can help you:
- Decide upon the most suitable structure for your business (I.e. sole trader, partnership, limited company etc)
- Prepare a business plan
- Prepare budgets, forecasts and cash flows
- Advise on the different types of finance available, and which types would best suit your business
- Carry out any requirements such as registering for self assessment, registering at Companies House etc.
- Implement a system to record all of your transactions
We can help you to decide on the best accountancy and payroll package to suit your business, and are accredited SAGE and Xero trainers and agents.
Payroll is often very time-consuming in terms of running the payroll, and in terms of keeping up-to-date with the latest legislation. However, by outsourcing your payroll function you can save significant amounts of time and money, and can be confident that you are complying with up-to-date legislation.
Our payroll department can provide all payroll needs for any size business, whether you have only one employee, or many hundreds of employees.
VAT is a complicated tax, and places a high administrative burden upon businesses due to the need regularly prepare and submit VAT returns. Where errors are made, penalties can be extremely high.
We can help by providing general advice as and when it is needed, or by preparing and submitting your VAT returns.
Business and Corporation Tax
Along with your annual accounts, we can also prepare business and corporation tax computations and returns, and advise on ways to minimise your tax liabilities.
Our tax department can help with
- Taxation planning to minimise tax liabilities
- Self assessment returns
- Inheritance tax
- Capital gains tax
- Benefits in kind
Inheritance tax is a controversial tax as it can cost you tens, or even hundreds of thousands of pounds, especially in light of current property prices. It can, however, be considered as a voluntary tax which can be avoided or significantly reduced through successful planning.
We are able to advise you on:
- What implications inheritance tax has for your future, and the future of your family.
- How to ensure your money goes to the people you want, and not the tax man.
- Implications of giving away your money and assets.
- How to sell businesses and other investments.
High net worth individuals
We work with individuals to assist in the structure of their finances in the most tax efficient way. We do this through advising on:
- The use of trusts
- Lifetime gifts to minimise inheritance tax
- Capital gains tax
- The use of special purpose vehicles with which to carry on their business